Accounting services best serves small to medium-sized businesses that need the professional knowledge of a CPA on a part time basis. Highlights include:
- Making financial sense – bridging the gap between seemingly meaningless financial reports and how they can be used by Management to run the Company. The goal here is improving operational efficiencies, systems analysis, creating meaningful budgeting/forecasts, business tax planning, and individual tax planning for C-Corp and pass-through entities.
- Forward thinking – Traditional firms are focused on the year past, whether doing tax returns or financial audits. This is in sharp contrast to Management, who is thinking about the year, or two, or five years ahead. Real time accounting services can support management, look towards the future, and follow through on execution.
- Compliance – Tax and other Compliance work (regular payroll filings and reports and processor interface, insurance audits, benefit plan management, etc.). This is a huge stress relief for Management, allowing them to focus on operations.
- Outside professionals – Clients may retain their existing outside Tax Preparer/Financial Auditor. Why? Because they have a long-standing relationship. They trust this outside professional. The outside professional is generally very competent, and that relationship
- Duties – Services covered go above and beyond the traditional bookkeeping/general accountant roles, including budgeting/forecasts, system & software solutions, benefit plan management, reviewing work of regular employees, operational reports, etc. On the tax side this includes business and personal tax planning. Management finds having a professional with tax knowledge, and an intimate, up-to-date understanding of the business, an invaluable resource.
- Technology – Technology savviness is a crucial quality, including accounting, industry, and proprietary software programs. Core accounting software expertise includes: Quickbooks (all versions), Quickbooks Online, and various payroll software (ADP, Gusto, QBO). All software has pros and cons and a careful evaluation with consideration of multiple options is a must before any purchase.
- Working remotely – Working remotely is easily achieved via Cloud software, RemotePC or remote log in using Remote Desktop and a VPN setup.